Labels

Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Power of Introverts - Susan Cain

Susan Cain contests that most contemporary institutions, including education, have over-glorified extroverts and collaboration. Although this runs incongruous with current educational research, it resonated with me. She argues that the majority of creative and innovative thought comes from individuals who are in fact introverts. The video reminded me of the importance of balancing group and individual tasks. The video should also remind us of the importance of seeking out opportunities to find our own time for reflection, thought and creativity. Great video and worth a watch!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN. I despised group projects all through middle and high school (and often in college) - I always give my students the option to work independently on an assignment instead of with a group. Obviously that doesn't work for choral performances, but for research projects and other such, I always get at least a few who'd rather do things by themselves. - Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Share additional resources, give kudos to "Shout Out" staff, and add your own 2 cents here.