Labels

Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Powerful Way to End the School Year

"Year mapping allows students to see what they’ve learned in your class, and it’s a great resource for your incoming class." As a teacher, at the end of every year I surveyed students and talked to them about what they learned and what they would change to make my class better. In the same way, as an administrator, I'm always attempting to gather input to ensure our environment stays positive, energized, and synergized! This Edutopia post resonated with me as we close out 16-17. Essentially, students create posters and put them together into one big learning map and then present portions of the map to the class. Leave it up on the wall and it's a great introductory visual for the incoming class that you can use the 1st week back. I thought it was a cool idea. Read the article for more details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share additional resources, give kudos to "Shout Out" staff, and add your own 2 cents here.