Labels

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Tech Tip: Skype in Classroom + PeaceCorp OMG!!!

Gina Glaze sent this image to me. It reminded me of my own journey into teaching. I had a B.S. in Global Studies from UCSB. I wanted to see the world and joined Peace Corps as a high school English teacher in Lesotho, Southern Africa. When I returned and began teaching stateside, I always hoped I'd be able to connect students to the experience of a volunteer in a foreign country. Imagine students connecting with another country, communicating with people from a different culture,  and gaining tremendous perspective at our school! Awesome that there's technology to support it nowadays! Tremendous possibilities!!!

The Tech Tool: Skype in the Classroom = Skype in the Classroom is an online community that enables thousands of teachers to inspire the next generation of global citizens through transformative learning over Skype
The Peace Corps Connection: Peace Corps WorldWise Schools




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share additional resources, give kudos to "Shout Out" staff, and add your own 2 cents here.